The digs

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yet more painting, and starting on the bathroom

So much has gotten done this week!

Let’s hit the ground running with some photos:

The interior window/breakfast bar is done being sheetrocked:

window

window

Looks sweet, amirite?

captivating cream

The master bedroom is done being painted. The color is a peach-y color; it’s Sherwin Williams Captivating Cream. It’s very warm and inviting without being loud.

masterbedroom

captivatingcream

The “office” room is also complete. We were a bit worried about the color at first. Either it was mixed incorrectly, or I underestimated the color on the chip. When it went on the wall, it looked like day-glo green—VERY neon. But now that the paint has dried, I kind of like it. It’s called Sherwin Williams Springtime, and it definitely evokes feelings of springtime (aided by the fact that frozen New England has been thawing out as of late!).

office

I spent today painting the closets of the bedrooms:

IMG_0423

IMG_0424

And, the “coat closet”:

IMG_0425

(Coat closet is in quotes because we’re not quite sure what to do with this little nook in the hallway)

I spent the rest of the afternoon priming the ceiling and walls of the bathroom.

Here are the “before” photos:

bathroom

bathroombefore

bathroom

mauve bathroom

burgundy bathroom

gross knob

maroon tile

wine colored walls

And here it is primed:

IMG_0421

IMG_0422

The wine/burgundy/mauve/maroon/whatever color simply had to go. It was much too dark and gloomy for a such a small room without much natural light. I’m looking forward to seeing the bathroom completed. If all goes as planned, I will get some actual paint on the walls in there tomorrow.

In other news, we have another bar in the basement! So, you know, if we get tired of one bar, we can go to the other? Yeeeeah. Here it is:

bar

saloon

wine holders

saloon back

Expenses:

-$10.89 for EZ Sand = $4645.28 spent thus far

Without consulting me or getting a quote, my dad also hired a contractor to mud and tape our ceilings. Everything looks good, but the bill was $1200. aka more than I make in a month. So I’m not going to include that in the expenses yet because I don’t know how I’m going to pay the guy!!! Ahhh!

No work accomplished today (Sunday) because I have been feeling under the weather all day, which is EXTREMELY frustrating. I can’t stand wasting an entire weekend day. I would have liked to ride my horse on this beautiful day too, but what can you do…

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looking good! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bar... :) I can't wait to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete