The digs

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bathroom priming and electricity griping

I actually did something on the house on a weeknight! Went over after work (and after riding) and primed the new sheetrock in the bathroom. Tomorrow the goal is to get the bathroom painted so I can get the sink that’s in the middle of the living room into the bathroom where it belongs.

Expenses and stuff:

pushbroom, 4 outlet covers, spacers, “15” breaker…$28.22 (we used $7.92 in store credit for something we returned)

bag of versabond mortar for the kitchen tiles…$16.97

grout bag (waste of time…we ended up returning it), grout brush, grout saw…$14.60 (used Lowe’s store credit)

junction box, joint tape for the wall…$8.82

tonnage for second dumpster…$209.20

Total…$7619.63

Also forgot to mention the trouble I’ve been having with my electricity. The first bill I got was for 11 days, and Middleboro Gas and Electric charged me $100. This month was my first full month, and I was charged $150. Most people who are living in the their houses with appliances plugged in, heat running, etc, don’t even get $150 electric bills. My dad combed through all the wiring in the house and found several wiring problems, so I’m really hoping that lowers my bill some, because where we’re not currently living in the house, the bill should only be $20-30/month for what we use. It sucks that it took $250 to figure out there was something wrong with the wiring…and potentially more, since when I called the electric company to make a billing inquiry, they said I’d already used like a million kilamajigs this month…

No comments:

Post a Comment