The digs

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Grout sealing / more tiling

Didn’t have much time to do anything this weekend. Sad smile We are house/dog-sitting this week, plus I got a phone call on Saturday that my grandfather was in the hospital, so we went to visit him at South Shore hospital.

Here’s what I did do:

-spent $30 at Home Depot on trash bags and grout sealer

-spent another $66 at Lowe’s (used store credit, though) on: a drop cloth, a drywall trowel, a drywall hawk, a spiral mud mixer, and primer

===

$7356.42 is the new total.

On Saturday I had time to start laying down hardiebacker in the kitchen for the tile that will go in there, and I also sealed the grout in the bathroom with spray-on grout sealer.

grout

Now the grout is (hopefully) sealed against moisture and stains.

Today, I screwed down Hardie Backer in the kitchen so that I can start tiling this week. Despite how many times Adam has showed me how to use the drill, I managed to break 3 Phillips head high-compression driver bits, which is, apparently, quite a feat. 

concrete board

emily drilling

Then I did some raking (our lawn has a pine needle infestation), and then went to Ikea because they were having a sale today. I bought a bed frame with built-in drawers for bonus storage, and I also got two large curtains for the front window for $8 in the “As-Is” section. It’s my first time owning a bed with a frame, so, that’s cool I guess. Ikea was packed with screaming children and slow-moving aisle-blocking-people though. Remind me not to go there on a weekend ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Ikea one time and one time only, and I still haven't recovered from the stress.

    ReplyDelete