The digs

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Prepping for Paint

Well, we got some stuff accomplished yesterday.

First, we scrubbed the walls with bleach, and then with TriSodium Phosphate, to clean and prepare the surface for painting.

Before:

wallsbefore

dirtywalls

dirtywalls

After:

cleanwalls

Master bedroom before:

grosswalls

dirtywalls

dirtywalls

dirtywalls

dirtywalls

Grooooossssssss.

So armed with masks and gloves, I scrubbed down those suckers. Here is the result:

walls

Not perfect, but definitely better, and ready to be painted over.

In the meantime, my dad, Kim, Alex, and Erica had a fire going outside.

fire

They were clearing the brush out of the yard. This yard needs tons of landscaping, as you can see:

yard

yard

yard

dog

Mulligan patrols the perimeter

Hopefully we will be more productive today. I am housesitting, which means I’m not really able to post from my blog, and I almost threw in the towel with blogging last night when I discovered that Google disabled my AdSense account and took back my $80 in earnings from advertisers. As you can see, I have signed up with several new ad providers, but I am still fist-shakingly angry with Google. Grrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment